Children in the age of one to six years are watched over to give the parents the opportunity to work. The children get food twice a day, which is often the only food they get per day. In a daily learning programme the older children get prepared for school.
At the moment there are mostly one teacher and one cook working in each of the nursery schools. They are supported by the German volunteers.
Creches where the MRDP gives support/cooperates:
- Skuinsdrift: [these institutions were built with funding from Germany and support of the MRDP].
- Ikagisano crèche [started by MRDP in 1991], Thuto Motheo[started by MRDP in 1991], Venture creche/Lesedi ELC[built in 2017 with the help of Family Menzel – vielen Dank!
- Groot Marico: Thusanang creche
- Zeerust: Kraaines creche, Ikageleng creche, Henryville creche
- Pella: Itumeleng-Mpho crèche [this institution was built with funding from Germany – vielen Dank Corrina and friends/family- and support of the MRDP].
- Letlhakane: Tataisang ELC [this institution was built with funding from Germany and support of the MRDP in 1992].
- Borolelo: Mphelege ELC, Sarits’s creche
- Koffiekraal: Kgosiemotswedi ELC [this crèche was enlarged in 2017 with Franzi’s help – ke a leboga!]
- Koster: IHC centre ELC, Reagile creche